Ah, December. The last month of the year. It’s been an eventful one for me – getting engaged to my best friend at the beginning of the year, wedding planning, getting married in the summer, road tripping to Oregon, taking my health serious, crushing my fitness goals, starting a blog, teaching three jiu-jitsu programs (adults, teens and children) all while learning confidence and self-love. Needless to say, I’ve accomplished a lot and though it’s been a busy year, it’s still not over yet. There are 20 days left of 2017 so let’s go out with a bang! Bust out your notebooks or a nearby napkin, and your favorite pen to jot down some ideas on finishing 2017 strong!
Need some ideas for your goal list?
- Travel goal. Where do you want to go? It can be local or even a plane ride away.
- Try something new goal. Feeling brave? Taste a new cuisine, bake a sweet treat, take a Brazilian Jiu-jitsu class or attempt a Pinterest DIY craft.
- Productivity goal. You know that thing you’ve been avoiding? You should go ahead and just do it.
- Step out of your comfort zone goal. Do one thing that scares you.
- Keep in touch goal. Mail some cards out to friends and family to let them know you’re thinking of them.
- Health goal. Gain or lose weight, stop drinking soda, eat more vegetables, drink more water.
- Fitness goal. Run a mile in less than __ minutes, go for a walk 3 times a week, do 30 consecutive push-ups without stopping.
Here are a few things I said I wanted to accomplish by the end of the month:
- Make jump-roping a habit (Haven’t jump-roped once)
- Finish reading two books (Haven’t even finished the first one I started!)
- Increase muscle mass (Haven’t strength trained in a couple weeks)
We won’t always accomplish every single thing we say we will; unless that’s your style (more power to you!) I feel that it’s important to set realistic and measureable goals in order to actually ensure you’ll achieve them. So if I’m being honest with myself (and you), I’ve decided to re-vamp my list of to-do’s.
I want to:
- Make a diy craft
- Finish reading one book
- Clean out my closet
- Donate to the Goodwill
- Send Holiday cards
- Increase blog following +3 followers
- Paint an art piece
- Gain 3 new BJJ students
- Increase female students at Gomez Jiu-jitsu (If interested, comment on this post or email me firstname.lastname@example.org)
I know that completing this list will fulfill my soul and I’ll be content with how I ended 2017. So make sure to set some goals that will launch you into an amazing start to 2018!
What are some of your December goals? Comment or make your own list and tag me on Instagram @bjjandselflove to be featured!
Thanks for reading.